Friday, January 2, 2009

I spent a few hours at the 1-2-09 KRUSE auction in Boca Raton. It looked to me to be not as well attended as I would have expected although that might be due to there being a competing auction that’s of much longer standing in Ft. Lauderdale the same days. There are only so many collector car fans and splitting them doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I thought prices seemed lower but not as low as I would have thought. There were all kinds of SS, GTO and Roadrunner clones and some of them were remarkably well done and bringing decent money. I didn’t document many cars as my interests are Corvettes and Studebakers, forgive me.


--1951 Studebaker Starlight coupe, the only Studebaker there had painted fender welting, horrid old cracked and dirty tires but was otherwise a pretty good car Bid to $17K, owner wouldn’t drop reserve saying he had a buyer who had offered $21K. If true I think well sold @ 21K
--72 Corvette conv. With air and matching numbers sold at $23K
--2007 Vette Indi-500 conv. With 35 miles on it sold @ $42.5K (Leftover from 07???) originally a $71K sticker car.
--1964 Conv. With bad body gaps , claimed original but had a 327 NOM with Hooker headers and such. Good paint, resale red. Sold at $34,250
--77 Corvette T-Top with an awkward tri-color paint job far to personal to be attractive no sale bid to $13,500
--1965 blue Vette Coupe, matching #s, great body gaps, lousy black accent paint on side pipe covers (looked like a 5 yr old did it.)Very good driver sold at $43, 250
--1976 red vette T-Top nice, matching #s air-auto no sell bid to $11K

All in all a fun day in the sun looking at old cars and young women.

No comments:

Post a Comment